Ladies, if you have a husband, boyfriend, son, brother or any other guy in your life, you need these clippers! I purchased the Wahl 79524 24 Piece Deluxe Hair Clippers about a year ago and never got around to writing a review until now so I thought I would finally share my experience.
First off, here’s a little background. I decided to get these clippers because we were tired of paying the hair stylist $25 to cut my son’s hair every few weeks. He wears a short, simple style so there was really no reason to keep paying for something we could do ourselves at home. He was a little skeptical at first, and after one false start (totally my fault, I admit!!) we have pretty much mastered the home haircut. Now I cut my brother’s hair and my dads too!
Here are my impressions of the Wahl 79524 after a year of regular use:
- High quality — My hubby and I were both impressed with the quality of the clippers when we unboxed them. You can tell as soon as you pick them up that they are very well made and meant to last, unlike the cheap plastic ones from Wal-Mart.
- Still sharp — I’ve been cutting my hubby’s hair once or twice a month for the past year and they are still as sharp as they were when we got them. They do need to be oiled every few uses but they never seem to get dull!
- Powerful — My hubby is Russian and his hair is really thick, even when it’s short. We were expecting the motor to struggle with his hair but it doesn’t even slow down!
- Tons of accessories — The kit comes with pretty much everything you need to get started, including a brush for cleaning the clippers, oil for lubricating the blades, a mirror, scissors, a neck duster and 10 adjustable guide combs.
- Instructional DVD — We didn’t really need this since my hubby’s style is pretty simple but it’s definitely helpful if you plan to get more creative!
- Made in USA – We always buy products made in America whenever we can!
- Cheap cape — This kit comes with a cape like they use at the barber shop, except this one is kind of flimsy so we just use a towel instead.
- Loud – They aren’t as loud as some other clippers I have seen but they are definitely noisy, which may be an issue with some children.
After using them for over a year now, my hubby and I can safely say that the Wahl 79524 clippers are totally worth the investment. Even if we had thrown them away after the first haircut, we still would have broken even. I cut his hair twice once or twice a month, and that saves us $25 a pop, which really adds up over a year!
While this pair of clippers does work, I would advise you to consider investing in a more well-built and high quality hair clipper like the Oster 76076-010 Classic 76 Professional Hair Clipper or the andis professional clippers, both of which are superior in cutting ability and durability. This of course depends on your budget but if I were to start all over again, I would choose the Oster clippers because they’re much better to use and they lasted for years without breaking down.
Still, this pair of Wahl clippers may be something you want to consider!